Hello pals! if you are on this page probably your mouse automatically double clicks. Don’t worry read this guide till the end and fix the issue. There are various reasons of which your mouse may start behaving abnormally. I am going to mention each and every possible reason due to which your mouse may start to function abnormally. So without wasting anytime lets get on to the topic
If your mouse automatically double clicks Check for any Hardware Issues
First of all check your mouse for any hardware issues. If your mouse has accidentally fallen from your table or a height then there might be a chance of any Hardware damage. Issues may arise with the Soldering, PCB Connections and cable when there is an accidental fall. In those cases we might need to consult a technician and describe the issue. If it is a fixable issue then the technician will do his job. If not he might ask you to replace it with a new one. So before proceeding further on to this article make sure that there is no hardware issue with your mouse.
Now if you are confirm that it is a software issue and everything is right with the mouse then proceed on reading this article
Check if you may have set the Mouse double click speed too low
If you are a Windows user there is an option to set the click speed of your mouse. If you put it low there might be a chance that clicking at two different times may be interpreted as a double click. So you need to adjust the double click speed. You can do this by simply following below steps.
Adjust mouse Double click speed
Windows 8 users can change the mouse double click settings by simply following these steps
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the right side of your screen
- In the search option type Mouse
- Click on mouse option, a new window will open as show below
- Now under double click speed option you can slide the button towards fast in case if it is slow
- This is how you can change mouse double click speed in windows 8 and your mouse will stop double clicking automatically
Windows 10 & 11 users can simply follow these steps
- Open Settings app by pressing Windows + I button on your keyboard or you can type settings in the search bar.
- Under Bluetooth & Mouse option click on Mouse
- Under Related settings click Additional Mouse Settings
- Click the Buttons tab and adjust the slider under double click option towards fast.
This way you can solve your mouse automatically double clicks issue
Clean your mouse
If the method won’t solve your mouse automatically double click issue then try checking the buttons of your mouse. Clean up the buttons if there is any dust or grime built up there Excessive dust or grime may interfere with the internal components of the mouse and your mouse starts double clicking automatically.
You can clean with the help of a cloth, cotton swabs or by blowing compressed air. Make sure you gently clean the mouse so that you won’t end up damaging your mouse. Once you are done check if your mouse automatically double clicks. If you have cleaned it properly you won’t find any issues with your mouse.
Re install Drivers if your mouse still automatically double clicks
If your mouse automatically double clicks check whether the drivers are properly installed. If not you can try updating the drivers or uninstall the drivers and then reinstall. You can do this by simply following the steps below.
- Open search bar in your windows then type Device Manager
- Under Device Manager search for the option Mice & Other Pointing Devices
- Click on the option you will find the number of mice connected to your PC
- Now right on the mouse that is behaving abnormally and then try updating the driver
- If it still not working properly try disabling and enabling the mouse
- If the above option doesn’t works try uninstalling the mouse driver and reinstall the driver by connecting the mouse again
Your mouse may start working as usual if there is any issue with the driver.
Check the battery levels
If you are using a wireless mouse check the battery power. If it is draining fast there are chances that your mouse will start double clicking automatically. Try changing the battery and check again. It may solve the mouse double clicking issue.
Squeeze the buttons and blow air
This may sound like a joke but for those who don’t want to open their mouse they can squeeze the buttons for 10 seconds, blow underside of the mouse, shake it and release. Make sure you won’t end up damaging the mouse by squeezing hard. The dust in the mouse may release and the mouse will start functioning normally
Also Read about : Display driver stopped responding and has recovered issue
Check the Microswitch
If nothing of the above mentioned method works try replacing the old micro switch of your mouse with a new one. You can purchase them for a few bucks online.
Most of the people who replaced micro switch with the new ones stated that they are completely satisfied with their mouse clicks.
Hope you any of the above mentioned methods might have worked for you. If you got any other working through which you have fixed the mouse automatically double clicks issue. Kindly let our readers know by commenting down below. Thank you.