If your amazon fire tv stick remote not working then this guide is for you. Those who own amazon fire tv stick could get problems with their remote as the time goes on. Various issues arise the remote and will lead to its abnormal functionality.
In order to confirm that there is an issue with your remote. Install the fire stick app on your mobile and try operating the device. If it works then you are certain now. There is an issue with your remote and not the device. In case if there is a fault with your device. I had published an article earlier. Try reading it here >> Amazon fire tv stick not turning on <<
Without wasting any time lets get to know about the various factors that may stop the functionality of the remote and their respective solution.
Amazon fire tv stick remote not working solution
- If your amazon fire tv stick is not working at all make sure that the batteries have some power left in it. If not try replacing the batteries. Also if you are using the fire tv stick remote for the first time you need to sync the remote with your Tv. Follow the instructions that appear when you connect the fire tv stick for the first time. Else your amazon fire tv stick with Alexa may not work.
- Amazon fire tv stick may work in the distance of 12ft apart from that it may not work. Make sure you are in the range.
- Avoid placing too many electrical components near the fire tv stick. The electrical waves may create hindrance which may result in the interference and lower the connectivity of the remote with the fire tv stick device. Also, make sure you place that the device is left open in order to give it reception free of problem.
- Make sure the device is connected to the power adapter as well as your wifi connection.
- Check whether there is any leakage from the batteries that are flowing in the remote. Clean it and replace the damaged batteries.
- Check the HDMI port of your Tv is working. Incase if the HDMI port is on the back of your Tv make sure there is some space left behind after you connect the device to the HDMI Port.
- Check whether your remote is connected to the device. You can do this as follows
How to check amazon fire tv stick remote connected or not?
You can check if the remote is connected with your fire tv stick by simply following these steps
- Open Settings in your device
- Navigate to Controllers and Bluetooth devices
- Under Amazon fire tv remotes you can check the list of connected devices.
- Pair your remote again if it is not in the list.
This way you can fix your amazon fire tv stick remote. Also make sure you are using the remote that comes with your device and not your neighbour’s. Some times compatibility issues may arise with the device as the model varies. There is a guide on pairing fire tv stick remote on amazon and you can check it in the link. Still if your amazon fire tv stick remote not working you have to replace it with a new one. If you got any queries or suggestions do let us know in the comments section below. Thank you sharing is caring.