Hello, Friends today in this guide I am going to write on how to record incoming call on iPhone without app. If you are an iPhone user, you might encounter a situation where there is a need to record a call on iPhone.
Wanting to record a phone call for a podcast or professional video production then how will you do it on your iPhone? There are a lot of apps that you can use to record calls but you need to pay a monthly subscription or they might not be secure and may secretly get access to the files on your iPhone and share with others.
Apple respects its users’ privacy, so they do not allow recording through the built-in microphone while you are on call. Also recording a call is illegal in the US and most of the countries across the globe. That’s why Apple has not included an app to record a call.
If you think you are getting scammed or the person on the other end of your call might misuse the information you enclose on the call then you can record the call and submit it as proof in court. In such cases, you might think of recording the call.
Table of Contents
how to record incoming call on iPhone without app
There are 3 ways to record a call on iPhone without an app. You can record calls on your iPhone by simply following this step-by-step guide
Record calls using Voicemail
Before we start recording calls using voice mail make sure that your phone has the latest version of ios and Voicemail has been set up on your iPhone. If you haven’t set up voicemail you can do by following this guide
Set up voice mail on iPhone
- Go to the Phone app
- Select Voicemail and Tap on Set up Now
- Enter a password for your Voicemail
- Select and Set your greeting. That’s it you have successfully set up Voicemail on your iPhone
Once you Set up Voice mail follow this procedure to record a phone call on iPhone
- Before you record ask for the consent of the other person speaking with you. If they agree with you then you can start recording the call.
- In case they won’t then first make a call to the number that you want to record then put them on hold and click on the option ‘Add Call’ you will have your own voice mailbox.
- Dial your own number for a three-way conversation and merge the calls after the voicemail greeting ends
- Now you will have a conversation and talk to the person as long as you want. The entire conversation will be recorded in the voicemail box
- You can access the recording from the voicemail inbox whenever you want.
Record using an external website
There are a lot of websites that offer incoming call recording services in the US and Canada one such website is Recordator
- All you need to do is to create an account and dial your country’s dial-in number from your iPhone.
- Once the call gets successfully connected to the dial-in number, you need to click the add call button on your iPhone screen and dial the number of the person you want to have a conversation with.
- Once he lifts the call you need to merge the calls and then the entire conversation will be recorded in the inbox.
- You can access it whenever you want.
This is how you can record incoming calls on iPhone without an app with the help of an external website. If you don’t want to use Recordator there are a lot of alternatives to it. Some of them are Clari Copilot, Krisp, Gong.io, Frejun, and Call Recorder go through these websites and check the features.
Some of them offer a Free trial sign-up and check which one suits you the best. Once you go through the features and get familiar you can start recording the incoming call on your iPhone without using an app.
Record incoming calls on iPhone for free
Well, most of you might already know this still I am going to write it down. You can use an external device like an Android mobile or a recording device to record a call. All you need to do is to turn on the loudspeaker on your iPhone and start recording the conversation.
Don’t forget to save the audio at the end of the call. This way you can record calls on iPhone without the other person knowing.
This is how to record incoming call on iPhone without app. If you know of any other method by which you can record a phone call without the need of installing an app then let our readers know. You can simply write it down in the comments section below. Thank you.